Monday, December 21, 2009

Final Projects of Nursing School

To finish off the last semester of college, I had to do many large assignments. I finished my LEI (longitudinal elder initative) project, with my elderly client. I will miss spending time with my client, after a year and half of visits we had grown close and it was hard to "break up" with her. The final project for her was a timeline posterboard that I made that showcased her history and the things that had occurred in her life. Another project I worked on was a group presentation on H1N1 for college students at GVSU in the dorms (it was also presented to my peers and profs). I also presented a group presentation on Infant Circumcision Pain and how nurses can decrease the pain that the babies experience. The last presentation I created was a poster on the Ketogenic Diet for the pediatric nurses that I worked alongside in my leadership clinical. All of these presentations was all in addition to class time, 24 hours a week (at the least) of clinical time, clinical paperwork, working 20 hours a week in the emergency department, being pregnant, and taking care of Doddy. Needless to say there was many late nights, early mornings, and lots of tears the last 2 months of nursing school.

Last, but certainly not least, throughout the semester I had to write a 15 page capstone paper. I wrote on the topic of decreasing second hand smoke exposure in children through a community nursing intervention that taught parents about the health risks exposure can cause and the importance of parental cessation. It is the longest paper that I have ever written and I am proud of the accomplishment of capping off my college writings :). If you'd like to read it (or skim it!) click on this link:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AfJc-JGIpqiwZGhnYzVmOThfNWRtNGNjd2hx&hl=en
Enjoy!

No comments: